FEMA has setup a dedicated Chinese-language line for residents affected by Sandy: 1-866-333-1796. More information can be found here FEMA Chinese line.
Monthly Archives: January 2013
Grants of up to $5,000 are available from New York City Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses that may not qualify for the emergency loan:
Small Business Assistance Grants will be awarded based on eligibility and need, and may be used by recipients for structural repairs, equipment repairs and the purchase of replacement equipment needed for business recovery.
To be eligible, businesses must be:
- located in evacuation zones A or B
- have annual gross revenues under $10 million
- employ fewer than 100 full-time employees
- be located in the same commercial corridor or within the same geographic vicinity it occupied prior to the storm.
Grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis. Small Business Assistance Grants are in addition to the low-interest emergency loans and matching grants already being provided by SBS, and can be used to help businesses that may not qualify for the loan.
Application is on the website www.nyc.gov/nycbusiness.
When: Friday, January 25, 9am-2:30pm
Where: Baruch College’s William and Anita Newman Vertical Campus Conference Center
55 Lexington Avenue, 14th Fl.
Entrance located on NE corner of 24th Street
Learn how to gain a competitive advantage and grow your business from industry experts. Join NYCEDC President Seth Pinsky, the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade (NASFT), NYC food manufacturers, and food brokers, buyers and distributors at the upcoming NYC Food Manufacturers Business Expo and Networking Event.
– Discover hot new products that are being produced right here in NYC
– Meet brokers, buyers, distributers, suppliers and industry experts
– Learn the ins and outs of real estate and business financing incentive programs
– Benefit from business development and marketing assistance
– Learn how to source locally
For more Information and to register, visit the NYCEDC website at:
FastTrac GrowthVenture is recruiting applicants for the January 8, 2013 course. The FREE GrowthVenture course allows business-owners to create an actionable plan for strategic growth, receive one-on-one assistance from experienced entrepreneurs, and join a learning community of peer entrepreneurs. The course consists of 8 4-hour class sessions (5pm-9pm) that take place over four weeks.
Sessions are facilitated by trained business coaches who are entrepreneurs themselves and include the following topics:
- Session 1: Sizing Up Your Business & Exploring Growth Opportunities
- Session 2: Making Strategic Decisions & Using Financial Tools
- Session 3: Strengthening the Product/Service
- Session 4: Seizing the Market
- Session 5: Leading the Organization
- Session 6: Managing Operations for Growth
- Session 7: Charting Financial Performance
- Session 8: Making it Happen